Friday, July 11, 2008

Marketing Genius Found at Denver Car Wash

I'm in Denver this week - out here at our rocking and rolling Internet business-building conference...

And I stumbled across some OUTSTANDING marketing copy yesterday.

It happened in, of all places, outside a car wash - and the timing was PERFECT.

Last night I was walking down Colorado Blvd with my wife, returning from Wahoo's Fish Tacos. (Yum).

I'd been mentally preparing in advance for my big talk on Copywriting today, and yet a few things were still missing... and bugging me a bit.

For example, I needed a good example of how "it's all about your prospect" and how your copy should "appeal to your prospect's deepest and strongest core emotion" and "solve their biggest problem".

And that's when we walked past the local car wash one block from the hotel and spotted their billboard:

"Waxed Cars Use Less Gas".

Wow - brilliant!

Five Words.

Simple, clear, succinct.

And everything else a great marketing message should have and do. Especially right now in July of 2008 in the USA.

Proving that sometimes you just step right into wonderful things staring you in the face...

And that you can find all kinds of valuable examples of how to do things right...

Just by keeping your eyes wide open!

PS: The car wash was packed.

No comments: